red-evil.blogspot.com

Promote your Page too Manchester United: Owen happy with United challenge

Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

Owen happy with United challenge

Striker Michael Owen has no regrets over his decision to join Manchester United.



Owen has made just 39 appearances for the Old Trafford outfit since leaving Newcastle United last year, the vast majority as substitute.
Although Owen was introduced from the bench against Stoke City on Tuesday, the former England star is being squeezed out by the impressive form of Dimitar Berbatov and Javier Hernandez, plus the imposing presence of Wayne Rooney.
With his two-year contract due to expire in the summer, it is open to serious question whether a player who has now passed his 31st birthday will get another.
TOP PLAYERS
Sir Alex Ferguson insisted on Friday there had been no discussions on the matter.
"I knew when I came here that I wouldn't play every game and it would be a bit different to what I was used to," Owen said.
"But I will sacrifice playing every game for the opportunity to play and train with the very top players and work under a top manager.
"I haven't been disappointed at all by my time here. I have loved every minute. Obviously you always want to play and do your bit. And I feel as though I have scored a few goals when I've played.
"At Manchester United, though, the hard part isn't scoring goals on the pitch - it's getting onto the pitch in the first place. It's a new challenge for me and, in many ways, it's one of the appeals of being here."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review www.red-evil.blogspot.com on alexa.com