red-evil.blogspot.com

Promote your Page too Manchester United: Wayne Rooney: I Was Wrong To Seek Answers About Manchester United's Ambition But Would Never Have Joined Manchester City Or Liverpool

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wayne Rooney: I Was Wrong To Seek Answers About Manchester United's Ambition But Would Never Have Joined Manchester City Or Liverpool


England striker confirms he wants to manage in lower leagues in future

By Stephen Darwin

Dec 31, 2010 11:30:00 AM

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has admitted he was wrong to approach boss Sir Alex Ferguson and chief executive David Gill to seek assurances about the ambition of the club.

Rooney sensationally handed in a transfer request back in October before changing his mind and signing a new five-year contract less than a week later and the England man admits he feels he made the right decision in opting to stay at Old Trafford.

"I went to see the manager and David Gill and asked them for answers," Rooney told MUTV.

"Now I realise it has nothing to do with me but I wanted to make sure it was the right thing for me to do.

"I got the answers in the end but looking back it was probably wrong of me to do that."

United fans seemingly made their frustrations known when they turned up at the former Everton man's home after discovering the news that their star striker wanted to leave and the 25-year-old claims he understood why supporters were disappointed and felt let down.
"I looked out and saw 30 blokes with their hoods up. I wasn't going to invite them in for tea," he recalled.

"I understood some of the fans were disappointed and felt let down. But it was just one of those things I had to get right.

"Thankfully I have sorted it out now. I have made the right decision and made myself happy.

"But I didn't even think about where I was going to go. There was no way I would have gone to Manchester City and there was more chance of me going to City than Liverpool."

The Red Devils' attacker also confirmed that he would like to be involved in management when he finishes his playing career and is hoping to cut his teeth in the lower leagues before taking on a big Premier League job.

"I would like to be a manager. That would be my ambition when I finish playing," he continued.

"You see the players who have played for Sir Alex and gone on to be good managers. I am hoping to do that one day. But I wouldn't like to follow the manager here, or start at an Everton or Manchester United.

"I want to learn something about the lower leagues and build a reputation that way rather than just jumping into a big club.

"It is not right if someone goes in and gets a big job with no experience. There are managers who have worked for years trying to get that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review www.red-evil.blogspot.com on alexa.com